Post 8 and 9:

As this is the final week before the project is due I am finishing off this work for presentation. I have begun to collect my items to make a living room setting which I am looking forward to creating. I played around with having my video developed off a green screen but ultimately I feel like it is much easier for me to build it around the size of my mock window. Emailing with Aaron back and forth this week he has approved this change and suggested I make my window smaller to avoid it looking tacky. I think this is a better Idea as I want to ensure the setting looks as realistic as possible, reflecting the real thoughts found in the interviews and projection.

The next week:

As I began to collect my shots featured on Google Images I was having trouble ensuring the quality of these images were cohesive. As these were captured in past years these images contrasted against the updated ones brought the quality of my work down significantly, creating it to feel very scattered and unfocused. Although it focuses on an interested aspect of this suburb, I don’t feel confident utlising these images. Facing this issue I decided that it would be best if i captured my own images of the area in hopes to showcases these changes. With this in mind I found it would also reinforce the ideas and challenges discussed throughout my interview, giving audiences an opportunity to match these stories to a visual. Driving down to Wollongong I borrowed a DSLR camera for two days to photograph the main parts of the community where this construction and over development has occurred . Attempting to steer away from the traditional slideshow of images my goal for this video work was to create movement through still image, pairing with my sound piece. Using a stop motion effect, the video showcases over 80 images moving through these suburb streets, symbolising the movement of change. This was added to create a sporadic effect, highlighting the feelings of chaos and resistance. After developing this film I decided to curate a test run at home with a mini projector. While the video worked to display the stories and emotions discussed in the sound piece, I decided to edit in a window frame onto my this film to ensure audiences were able to understand the vision of this piece and layout. Although I did have doubts with this living room design, I was happy to see that implementing these changes has created a more cohesive project. I am now just adding in collected noises of construction, cranes and trucks from this area to create chaotic ambience, intruding into the safe space of home. I am looking forward to hearing Matt and Aaron’s thoughts on how I have taken their advice to improve my overall concept/ work.

Final Layout Form:  

screen-shot-2018-06-18-at-10-53-57-pm-e1529326500514.png

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s